So, as you may know if you have followed me this month (thank you by the way) I had my Halloween party on the 25th! My time spent cleaning, decorating and preparing food was well received and made for a nice evening with my wife and my friends. We always have a certain theme for our Halloween Party and this year was “be your favorite dead person”.
So, the costume ranged from “the skeleton” version of the Marlboro Man, James Dean, Audrey Hepburn to a pimp and his Ho, a taxi driver and a witch … just goes to show you the range of a costume party can not be contained.
I took a few pre-party photos to share with my mom (who follows my blog with great input and her support keeps me adding to my crazy blog!).
unfortunately, the photos don’t do the decorations justice at all… the whole room was full and everywhere you looked it was a Halloween delight!
The games are always the most important to keep your guests entertained and the suggestion of a prize keeps them from gabbing about the latest gossip and truly focused on getting the right answer… even if it is listening to the other couples talk about what their answers are, just so they have some well educated guess…
The questions this year were mostly about famous people, I also made sure that each persons death date was said for added trivia…. below are a few…
1. In 1931, who played the title role in the original film version of Dracula?
2. Who played Dr. Sam Loomis, the child psychologist who hunted Michael Myers in four of the first five Halloween movies?
3. Often overshadowed by Halloween and All Saints’ Day, the two days preceding it, what is the solemn feast day of Roman Catholics commemorating those who have died and are now in Purgatory?
4. What is the holiday in Mexico celebrated on November 1st and 2nd in which people pray for and remember friends and family who have died and decorate the graves of the deceased with sugar skulls and marigolds?
5. Vincent Price died 20 years ago today (Death Date: Oct 25, 1993). What was the last movie in which he was filmed? Bonus: What was his last released film?
6. Who holds the title of the first posthumous acting nomination in Academy Awards’ history? Hint: It was the 1956 Academy Awards and the film was released in 1955.
Bonus: Name the film?
7. Vince Guaraldi, who composed the music for 17 Peanuts television specials, died on February 6, 1976, earlier that afternoon he had finished recording the soundtrack for what Peanuts television special?
A.) A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
B.) It’s Arbor Day, Charlie Brown
C.) A Charlie Brown Valentine
8. Audrey Hepburn (Death Date: January 20, 1993) had been nominated for five Academy Awards for acting but won only once, what was the name of the film for which she won her only acting Oscar?
A.) Breakfast at Tiffany’s
C.) Roman Holiday
9. Tom Everhart is the only artist with rights to create artwork featuring the characters of which famous cartoonist who died on February 12, 2000?
Bonus: What was the cartoonist’s nickname?
10. With earnings of about $160 million, who is this year’s top-earning dead celebrity?
A.) Elvis Presley (death date: August 16, 1977)
B.) Marilyn Monroe (death date: August 5, 1962)
C.) Michael Jackson (death date: June 25, 2009)
D.) Elizabeth Taylor (death date: March 23, 2011)
11. Ole Kirk Christiansen (death date: March 11, 1958) was the inventor of the Lego bricks. What do the Danish words “leg godt“ mean in English?
How did you do? Get them all? The average was 6 right… and the couple that got 7 right won two movie tickets! runner up a $15 gift card to a coffee store…
I was going to hold off giving away the answers until my next post, but thought that would just be a bit mean … so here you go! Answers below:
1. Ans.: Bela Lugosi (Death date August 16, 1956)
2. Ans.: Donald Pleasence (Death date: February 2, 1995)
3. Ans.: All Souls’ Day
4. Ans.: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)
5. Ans.: Edward Scissorhands
Bonus: The Princess and the Cobbler (AKA: The Thief and the Cobbler, AKA: Arabian Knight)
6. Ans.: James Dean (Death Date: September 30, 1955)
Bonus: East of Eden
7. Ans.: B.) It’s Arbor Day, Charlie Brown
8. Ans.: C.) Roman Holiday
9. Ans.: Charles Schulz
Bonus Question Ans.: Sparky
10. Ans.: C.) Michael Jackson
11. Ans.: Play well
Please feel free to comment with your right answers!
I will be posting my last Halloween themed post right after Halloween, and I will be sure to post photos of the Out side decorations for the trick-o-treaters!